Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

Browsing Images to Attach

86 Views, 1 Replies
03-24-2014 06:56 AM

I reuse images that I have previously posted on occasion, and it's quite a pain to use "Image/edit Image" » "From My Uploaded Images" tab. I have two main issues with this process:

One, it only shows four images at a time and there is no way to "jump" to a page, so it's a royal pain to dig through, especially if the desired image is buried somewhere in the middle of the list. As seen in the image below, I have 64 pages of images and it takes quite a while to get to, say, page 30 to get the one I want.

Two, the images are so small that it is impossible to visually identify most of them. I have to hover the cursor over each potential image to see the image name, which forces yet more time to be invested into finding my image.

I believe that both of these problems would be alleviated if there was a tab to see all of the images by image name in a scrollable list, and perhaps show a preview if one is selected. I am doing this more often lately, which is why I am posting this now. I also know that there is a limit to the number of images one can post, so I don't want to just re-upload the image again.

FromMyUploadedImages.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 2 (13 Views)

Re: Browsing Images to Attach

08-26-2014 10:44 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Hi Cory,

I was going through the new Unanswered tab and came across this one. As always, thank you very much for providing the detailed feedback which clearly explained your use case. This area was not really touched during last years redesign and I agree that it could definitely use a little TLC. That being said I'm not sure if / when that could happen and wanted to point out that the current limit for maximum number of uploaded images per user is set at 2,500 so it might be easier to simply re-upload the images for the time being.

Philip Schmelzer
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.