*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 1 of 3 (464 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bookmarks: item count and sorting

464 Views, 2 Replies
03-28-2012 12:00 AM

Hi,

I have a lot of bookmarks (I mean >>>this list<<<), it's my main interface for looking what's new in what forum and go into them. For that I have two questions (or requests):

1) How can I sort the bookmarks?

Sample: As AutoCAD 2013 is now available I bookmarked it ==> ok, it appears in my bookmark-list on the second page as last item. That's not the position where I want to have it, so thinking that all bookmarks are set to the last position I tried to "unbookmark" them and then next I bookmark in the order I want to have them listed.

That does not work, by what reason ever e.g. the forum "AutoCAD Map3D Developer" is always above AutoCAD 2013.

And I dont' find any chance to bring them in the order I want to use.

2) Is there a way to set the number of lines in the bookmark-list

I only get 10 lines in the bookmark-list, so I always have to update 2 pages of bookmarks. Is there any chance to raise the number of lines/to set them anywhere in the "my settings"?

Thx in advance, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

it's my main interface for looking what's new in what forum and go into them. For that I have two questions (or requests):

There is a better way to mark the forums that you frequently visit.

Go to the Main page find the forum you want such as AutoCAD 2013 and at the top left beside the New Message box is a drop down list titled Board Options in that list is an option to Float this Board to the Top click on that option and then go back to the Main Page and you will find that your selected forum is now listed at the top. The number shows the new posts\replies that you have not been read by you as in  the the image below. Just repeat the process for all your favorites.

As for the Bookmark option I find it helpful for how to's and work around type stuff that I need to keep up with.

Discussion_Admin

2013.JPG

Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 3 (440 Views)

Re: Bookmarks: item count and sorting

03-28-2012 11:32 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

it's my main interface for looking what's new in what forum and go into them. For that I have two questions (or requests):

There is a better way to mark the forums that you frequently visit.

Go to the Main page find the forum you want such as AutoCAD 2013 and at the top left beside the New Message box is a drop down list titled Board Options in that list is an option to Float this Board to the Top click on that option and then go back to the Main Page and you will find that your selected forum is now listed at the top. The number shows the new posts\replies that you have not been read by you as in  the the image below. Just repeat the process for all your favorites.

As for the Bookmark option I find it helpful for how to's and work around type stuff that I need to keep up with.

Discussion_Admin

2013.JPG

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 3 (429 Views)

Re: Bookmarks: item count and sorting

03-28-2012 02:23 PM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Hi,

thank you, great alternative. All sorted and on one site, great!

Thx, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.