This morning (~0800 EST = 1300 UTC) I'm not able to access attachments to the discussion groups. I receive the following message, regardless of the file type:
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
description The requested resource () is not available.
I was coming here to report the same problem.
On a side note, I am also getting a popup dialog box that this page is requesting the window to close after I attach images into my documents. I have to hit No to continue. Odd behavior...
Looks to be working now with attachments. I'm still getting the close window popup when inserting an image though.
Fix found and being rolled out. Will take some time for all the attachments.
For the popup message, is that when you are viewing an existing attachment, or when you are adding a new attachment?
It happens when I start a new message or reply and I insert an image file into the body of the message (not an attachment.) After I browse to the file and insert it into my image, that box pops up. It never did before. I click No and carry on.
Edit: Subsequently, I tried it again and if I press YES to the box, the window closes my message. So as long as I click No for the time being it is fine. I'm probably one of the few who insert images into the message body often which is why I have seen it pop up here all of a sudden.
What browser? Trying to replicate and not having much luck. I do see that a confirmation message is quickly displayed after clicking insert (after uploading) and then the window immediately closes. what does the image insert window look like when the popup displays?
Here is the process I take.
1. I reply to this message.
2. I attach a picture in the body of the message which pops up a window here:
3. And as soon as I click the Insert Image button, then I get this popup:
4. I click No and I come back to the message body of this page where I can continue typing this message. Had I clicked Yes instead, this window would have closed and I would not have made this response.
My browser is IE9 on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1. I believe this problem started happening yesterday. At least that is when I started noticing it.
This error occurs on my IE9 64-bit and also when using InPrivate mode.
EDIT: I can confirm that it does not exist on IE8 on my Windows XP SP2 machine.
EDIT2: I have also confirmed it does not exist on IE8 on my other Windows 7 machine. However, I can reproduce it on my Server 2008 SP2 running IE9. It appears to be an IE9 issue that is not machine or OS specific.
I wanted to inform you that this issue miraculously disappeared on all of the machines I have tried it on. So whatever you changed, worked. I just never got around to confirming.