Community Feedback

Valued Contributor
timdown73
Message 1 of 8 (619 Views)
Accepted Solution

All kudos for duplicate ideas transferred or duplicated to original idea post

619 Views, 7 Replies
12-03-2013 08:04 AM

In the Idea Station; if you post an idea and then later someone posts a duplicate idea, should your original idea receive the kudos for the duplicate once the status of the duplicate idea is changed to "duplicate"?  I'm not trying to be petty here, I'm just wondering what everyone thinks.

Kudos within an Ideastation are a vote for that Idea. The kudos in this case do not go to the user.

The Ideastations are much better than any wish list as with our Ideastations the product teams themselves run them and set the status of the ideas, approve them ect. They maintain the ideastation. If thats not happening let us know. With out the product teams involvement there will not be a Idea station for that product.

You can post comments to any idea even one of the statues are more comments needed.

As for the OP send me the links you are talking about via PM and I 'll see if they need to be merged or whatever other attention is needed.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Distinguished Contributor
m.teleguz1
Message 2 of 8 (615 Views)

Re: All kudos for duplicate ideas transferred or duplicated to original idea pos

12-03-2013 08:07 AM in reply to: timdown73

Here a random petty kudos to you my friend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

See My LinkedIn Profile
*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 3 of 8 (603 Views)

Re: All kudos for duplicate ideas transferred or duplicated to original idea pos

12-03-2013 08:19 AM in reply to: timdown73

Hi timdown73,

I think this question would be better asked in the Community Feedback forum, rather than here in the Inventor General forum.

I've asked the community moderator to move this post to the Community Feedback forum for you, so you won't need to re-create it.

Community Feedback

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/3011

I hope this helps.
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Valued Contributor
timdown73
Message 4 of 8 (599 Views)

12-03-2013 08:21 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack
Sounds good. Thanks Curtis.
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 5 of 8 (563 Views)

12-03-2013 11:36 AM in reply to: timdown73

That is one of my biggest complaints about the ideastation as well as other attempts like the Augi wishlist in the past.. Too many duplicate ideas and even stuff that has been already implemented in the program and the poster just didn't know about it..

Thats why IMO you cannot have an ideastation type thing unless its HEAVILY moderated with post approval process,etc... It also needs a better organizational structure to help reduce duplicates.. 

BUT IMO the search functionality is also so lacking that I can see why that happens all the time. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 6 of 8 (555 Views)

12-03-2013 12:20 PM in reply to: timdown73

To be perfectly honest, I really don't pay any attention to kudos, but my impression was that they were associated more with the user than the post/message.  Under that premise, I'd say kudos should always stay with the user they were given to.  Having said that, I also think it would be a good idea to be able to rank/rate/vote a post/idea independant of who posted it.  Sadly, as mentioned previously, I've completely lost faith in wishlists, idea stations, or whatever they might be called as they're pretty much black holes where good ideas go to die.  RIP

Discussion_Admin
Message 7 of 8 (532 Views)

12-03-2013 04:43 PM in reply to: nestly2

Kudos within an Ideastation are a vote for that Idea. The kudos in this case do not go to the user.

The Ideastations are much better than any wish list as with our Ideastations the product teams themselves run them and set the status of the ideas, approve them ect. They maintain the ideastation. If thats not happening let us know. With out the product teams involvement there will not be a Idea station for that product.

You can post comments to any idea even one of the statues are more comments needed.

As for the OP send me the links you are talking about via PM and I 'll see if they need to be merged or whatever other attention is needed.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Valued Contributor
timdown73
Message 8 of 8 (512 Views)

12-04-2013 05:21 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

The Idea referred to in the OP was just changed to "duplicate" so all is well. The OP was also just to get opinions on the kudo assignment, not an indictment of the Idea Station itself. I for one have had very positive experiences there and pretty good feedback from the product team. As Mcgyvr alluded to, I do think it needs to be a bit more heavily maintained. Thanks all for the feedback.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!