Community Feedback

autodesk
Message 1 of 4 (281 Views)

Admin Alert - Your forums have been hacked

281 Views, 3 Replies
03-24-2014 02:36 AM
Admin Alert - Your forums have been hacked For * in text below, substitute vowel of your choice. Hi Folks This morning I received a PM notification generated by a member of these boards. Not being active on these boards, and the PM subject title mentioned, immediately aroused suspicions. Using firefox, the forum wouldn't let me login. Looked at the page source html for http://forums.autodesk.com/ The meta tag contents should be a clue - meta name="keywords" content="2013, AbuDhabi IndIan eSc*RT, autocad, crash, error, help, ilogic, inventor, revit, Mumbai Esc*Rts" Varitions thereof on different subforums. meta name="keywords" content="2012, AbuDhabi IndIan eSc*RT, account, c*llgirlsindelhi, Chandigarh sexy Service, community, Independent Daman, redesign, IndIan eSc*rT in DubaI, INdEpENdENt ESc*RT" etc. etc. Which goes some way to explaining your surfeit of spam posts. HTH ATB Paul PS Then to cap it all, some f*ckwit admin has blacklisted the word c*llgirls and esc*rt Security by obscurity
Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)

Re: Admin Alert - Your forums have been hacked

03-24-2014 03:39 AM in reply to: autodesk

Thank you for your post.

The system has not been hacked that was a PM or a subscription mail from a discussion board you are subscribed to posted to by a spammer that the system has already found and deleted.

Thanks for your concern and sorry for any inconvenience

Discussion_Admin

autodesk
Message 3 of 4 (232 Views)

03-24-2014 09:41 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin
Hi Folks Discussion Admin - With all due respect, your forums HAVE BEEN HACKED. No, I'm not talking about the automated generation of metatags based on message tags, or post content. Before you post another reply, suggest again that you take a look at the forum home page - http://forums.autodesk.com/ Look at the meta-tags in the headers - <meta name="keywords" content="2013, AbuDhabi ℐndℐan eSc*ℛT, autocad, crash, error, help, ilogic, inventor, revit, ℳumbai Esc*ℛts" /> Suggest you get an IT professional to look at Lithium's templates.
Discussion_Admin
Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)

03-24-2014 10:04 AM in reply to: autodesk

Sorry for the earlier confusion in my reply

Your replies have getting removed due to their content. I have approved one so to reply to it

About the community software it has not been hacked.

The meta tags you are referring to are for search engine use and they are auto populated by internal software to keep them current.

However the current off subject tags are a oversight and should not be there. We are in the process of removing them

But it does show how well some of the new measures we have taken are working to remove spam itself as these meta are based on frequency of subjects

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

* note * All Autodesk employees have the icon like the one beside my name to avoid confusion on official posts\statements

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.