Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 21 of 23 (147 Views)

Re: A Solution: Once Upon a Time...

04-27-2012 08:35 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

I think only the OP should have the power to mark a reply as the solution:

I don't disagree, I really do hesitate to say that this overwriting of the OP's opinion is the best road to go down. Message 18 was really my well if this is how its going to be, at least make it more community oriented instead of a single person overwriting a perceived incorrect 'solution'.

I think the one of the best ways to make each 'solution' relevant is to force the OP to select which product and version they are asking about, and have that be part of the post.

~ Mary

pendean
Message 22 of 23 (129 Views)

04-29-2012 09:36 AM in reply to: MarySeufert

I like that idea, keep it simple: when you click the NEW MESSAGE button and you must fill in yout AutoCAD type (LT, ARCH, Civil, plain etc.) and version number (2012, 2013, Dos12), all from pulldowns to make it real easy, before you can proceed to composing a message. There would be no option to bypass these entries. Maybe add Windows version too (XP, Vista, 7, MAC, 'other').

That would cut down on at least the first question we always ask in reply, and get the OP more focused.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 23 of 23 (115 Views)

04-30-2012 08:51 AM in reply to: pendean

As long as its not the same as the one used for the support portal.  Thats an excellent example of how NOT to do this.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.