Community Feedback

Valued Contributor
amason43
Message 1 of 12 (792 Views)
Accepted Solution

3rd Grade Format

792 Views, 11 Replies
06-22-2010 10:00 AM

Remember the format for 3rd grade love notes?

Will you go out with me?

YES             NO

(Please circle one)

Let's revisit that format...

Will functionality be changed or added to the discussion group format?

YES             NO

(Please circle one)

See, what I'm getting at, is that I'm providing feedback here, feeling very much like a beta tester and at the same time feeling very largely unheard.  This forum is titled 'Questions & Feedback about the Discussion Groups'.  The term 'feedback' implies a willingness to make modifications.  I just want to know - am I wasting my time requesting changes in functionality?  Is it just going to remain the way it is?  If so, please rename this forum to 'Questions about the Discussion Groups'.  Or perhaps 'Questions & Complaints about the Discussion Groups' would be appropriate.

Anthony Mason - CAD/BIM Manager
Nichols Melburg & Rossetto Architects + Engineers
Blog: Daily Occurrence
AutoCAD Architecture 2008 SP2 / Revit Architecture 2011
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 / Google Chrome

Eric, the forum software you chose to use is awful, and totally unsuited to the task. You knew this, yet decided to go ahead with it anyway. The one thing that should happen, i.e. throwing away this junk and starting again, isn't going to happen. You just had the chance to do that with the last heap of junk and somehow managed to replace it with an even worse one! Nobody with any sense is going to give you the budget to attempt it again. Third time lucky? "We've learned from our mistakes and will do it properly this time, honest?" I don't think so.

The idea that our feedback here is going to result in any substantial improvement is nonsense. We'll be stuck with this dreadful forum software for years. The best we can hope for is some tinkering around the edges. That is nowhere near good enough.

Employee
wrighte
Message 2 of 12 (780 Views)

Re: 3rd Grade Format

06-22-2010 12:11 PM in reply to: amason43

10i9E3E27EA57E78300

We are listening, collecting feedback, and considering options for future updates. Some changes that can be made through configuration are already happening.  Others may require some level of development so are being evaluated for future releases of the forum software.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

Mentor
Steve_Johnson
Message 3 of 12 (754 Views)

06-22-2010 09:05 PM in reply to: wrighte

Eric, the forum software you chose to use is awful, and totally unsuited to the task. You knew this, yet decided to go ahead with it anyway. The one thing that should happen, i.e. throwing away this junk and starting again, isn't going to happen. You just had the chance to do that with the last heap of junk and somehow managed to replace it with an even worse one! Nobody with any sense is going to give you the budget to attempt it again. Third time lucky? "We've learned from our mistakes and will do it properly this time, honest?" I don't think so.

The idea that our feedback here is going to result in any substantial improvement is nonsense. We'll be stuck with this dreadful forum software for years. The best we can hope for is some tinkering around the edges. That is nowhere near good enough.

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
Valued Contributor
amason43
Message 4 of 12 (731 Views)

06-24-2010 07:37 AM in reply to: Steve_Johnson

I'd like to change my mind and accept this post as the solution instead.

Steve_Johnson wrote:

Employee
wrighte
Message 5 of 12 (718 Views)

06-24-2010 09:39 AM in reply to: amason43

You can actually do that using the options dropdown to remove the original accepted solution, and accepting another. 

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Mentor
Steve_Johnson
Message 6 of 12 (698 Views)

06-24-2010 06:56 PM in reply to: wrighte

I see Anthony has now done so. Thank you, I am now officially useful:

Total Solutions Authored 1

Employee
wrighte
Message 7 of 12 (692 Views)

06-24-2010 08:05 PM in reply to: Steve_Johnson

I'll treat this as a tutorial (in a round-about way).  Inspired me to add to the FAQ:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/FAQ-How-To-Using-Autodesk/Accepted-Solutions/m-p/2701533#U2701533

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Mentor
Steve_Johnson
Message 8 of 12 (685 Views)

06-24-2010 09:35 PM in reply to: wrighte

Glad to have been of service.

Valued Contributor
amason43
Message 9 of 12 (667 Views)

06-25-2010 08:15 AM in reply to: Steve_Johnson

Of course you're useful.  Now go code your signature with html so your blog is clickable.  .-)

Steve_Johnson wrote:

I see Anthony has now done so. Thank you, I am now officially useful:

Total Solutions Authored 1

Mentor
Steve_Johnson
Message 10 of 12 (614 Views)

06-27-2010 07:15 PM in reply to: amason43

What, like this?

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.