PRODUCTION SYSTEMS ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Technicolor-PostWorks NY, a longtime leader in the film and television post production industry, is currently seeking a skilled, motivated individual to fulfill the requirements of next generation file-based post and digital cinema.
The Production Systems Engineer will be responsible for administration and maintenance of major digital film/television production systems. The PSE will perform both OS and application administration for multiple Linux, Windows and MacOS based systems such as the Autodesk environment (smoke, lustre), Filmlight (Baselight) and Colorfront (OSD). The PSE will also provide direct assistance to operational staff and work with existing IT/Data, Networking and Engineering teams. The PSE will report to the VP of Engineering.
Key features of the position:
- Software maintenance and upgrades
- Software installation and configuration
- Liaison with vendor support
- Operational assistance when required
- Documenting special procedures; adding to knowledge base
- Training operators and fellow engineers
- Work with professional and experienced colleagues
Key requirements of the position:
- Strong skills in Autodesk ME environment, including local and SAN storage environments
- Knowledge of Autodesk ME workflows and procedures
- Knowledge of Linux administration
- Knowledge of MacOS and Windows systems
- Knowledge of television/film industry and common practices
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience
- Working knowledge of networking and signal flow
- Professional work ethic
- Ability to work in an open team; share knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible hours, (OT and shifted schedules often required for project-based work)
References required. Salary commensurate with industry norms and experience.
Send resume, salary requirements and references to email@example.com only; do not reply directly to this post.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.