Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Mechanical Designer / Drafter III

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
riff62
1258 Views, 15 Replies

Looking for Mechanical Designer / Drafter III

Interesting opportunity for someone with excellent Inventor skills to work on cutting edge research projects in an academic setting... http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/JobsAtLEPP.html Work involves designing Parts, assemblies, space layouts, etc, in support of the various particle accelerator projects on campus. Work with physicists, engineers, grad students, etc to take ideas from concept to completion. Work with machine shop to get parts built, and coordinate with other groups to get items installed. Excellent benefits, working environment, and stability. Please see link above for more info and how to apply.
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Cadmanto
in reply to: riff62

Is this at the Ithica New York facility?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 16
riff62
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes...referred to as 10 square miles surrounded by reality...haha
Message 4 of 16
Cadmanto

Cool, how do you like working there?  I am on the site now trying to apply for it, but it is not very direct.  I see the job posting, but there are no links that leads you to a site where you can post your resume.  The only link that is provided is one that leads you to a general careers page and you have to navigate though it.  I am still not at the point of posting my resume.

I ended up calling the HR department.  Applicants have to go to external applicants and then to cornell.JPG

Then you place the job number in the search and then hit apply to start the process.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 16
riff62

Try this link..I https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10164/jobdetail.ftl?job=23641 I like the job very much..Lots of interesting things going on, great benefits, low stress, (most of the time)..etc...how often do you get to work on this kind of stuff?...lol... Probably one of the best moves I have made was to take this job. Cant say enough good things about it..
Message 6 of 16
Cadmanto

Thank you.  I have submitted my application.  I would have to relocate from the Buffalo, but if the job is worth it, then we are willing.

What you said sounds very intriguing.  I love working on small innovative type of parts and with my hands as well.  Not to mention low stress works for me.

Thanks for posting this and we shall see where it goes.  Maybe you can put in a good workd for me. Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 16
riff62

It's weird that buried under the track and field hockey field is so much equipment and laser beams..then you walk into the experimental hall and you are just amazed every time you see it..I've been here 3 yrs and always see new stuff when I'm wandering around the tunnel, or in the linear accelerator space. The lab has been around since the 40s and there is a lot of history here..so many things have come out of this facility...not to mention the people who have studied here...the campus is huge...it's hard to describe and has to be seen to appreciate it...
I can put a word in for you Scott...no problem..
Message 8 of 16
Cadmanto

Sounds right up my alley.  Thank you!!!  I do appreciate your efforts and we will see where this goes.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 16
riff62

Scott...Word put in...lol...I will be sitting in on interviews when we get to it. I haven't heard when we will start that process, but most likely around May 1st we will be reviewing apps. The boss is away next week and wants to get started when he gets back. The process is slow, just like everywhere else, and we usually get alot of applicants. FYI, I am fairly sure we met very briefly at AU in 2012...ADN Conference....I recognized your name from the Inventor Forum and said hello...It was early, and I was hungover..lol..(Shocking I know..hungover in Vegas...haha)
Message 10 of 16
Cadmanto

Thank you for the update.  Yes, these processes are usually long ones.  I am on the Inventor forum quite a bit as well as the Vault one at times.  I guess seeing my responses does give you a little heads up as to my knowledge base.

As far as AU, wasn't me, because I have never been to AU.  Would really like to go sometime, but not as of yet.  My last company could not justify it.

Maybe we will meet at the interview if there does end up being one.

FYI, here is my profile page from Linked-In. 

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=44208210&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 16

Hey! No favorites!...LOL

I also put in for the job but I'm out on the Left coast (Originally from the Right coast).

Good luck as always to you Scott, I hope you are offered the job but not really....;)

Lord knows I could use the work.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 12 of 16

Lol...as I said, we won't be looking at resumes until May 1st...although we did take a very brief look yesterday at what we received so far...I can't say what the results of that were, but hang in there you guys..
Message 13 of 16

You too Jim.  Hey, If you are more qualified, then you deserve the position.

Are you ready to relocate back here on the east coast?

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 14 of 16

Thanks Scott, same goes for you.

I have to admit, it would be great to get back near family and friends, but man o'man it'll be tough not being able to watch NFL games at 10:00am or know that even if Monday Night Football goes into OT, that it'll still be over by 10:00pm at the very latest. But hey, gotta go where the work is and frankly, there isn't any out here in Central WA state....hasn't been for a looooong time.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 15 of 16
biuro_sis

I'm a revit mep designer

I work in revit since 2011

I  have an active subscription...  so i can work in 2012 2013 2014 2015

e mail biuro.sis@gmail.com

skype. biuro.sis

Regards MK

Message 16 of 16
riff62

Position has been filled....Thanks to those who applied....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report