Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D to 3D Conversion

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jgtex
930 Views, 11 Replies

2D to 3D Conversion

I am an inventor in the alternative energy industry. I currently sub-contract my drafting work to a guy who has AutoCad 2000. He does not have any 3D software. I need to upgrade those drawings into 3D, but I don't want to take the time to learn these software products. Is there anyone out there who would do this work for me on a contract basis? I prefer to work with someone in the Dallas, TX area so that he/she can visit my site and see things in person before making the drawings.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
teiarch
in reply to: jgtex

Wish I were closer; I'd like to take a crack at it.
Message 3 of 12
TerryThomas

Why not contact Jay Moore at Americad. They are in the Dallas area and do contract drawing work for construction companies so they must be very used to converting 2D to 3D. If your alternative energy is geared towards buildings they would have a vast knowledge to draw on. They also do 3D rendering so could visualise what you are trying to achieve. I am in UK but from what I have read they seem extremely helpful and are very adventurous in outlook.

Good luck with your inventions!
Message 4 of 12
c.henry

I would be interested in your project. I am in Tennessee but able to travel as needed.

Chris

chenry@engineersupportservice.com
Message 5 of 12
jackshield

If your still looking, I am in Oklahoma City and can make trips to Dallas. Skilled in 3d, been doing mech design for 10 yrs. if need more info, email me shieldjack@sbcglobal.net
Message 6 of 12
vizwhiz

hi There

JGTex

i am in Arizona and can do 3d modeling and rendering for you
send me some photos and give me a call sometime, i can help you

2dcd2b3d@gmail.com

i will respond with futher contact info: name, phone # etc

Thanks
Message 7 of 12
vizwhiz

duplicate Message was edited by: vizwhiz
Message 8 of 12
vizwhiz

hi There

JGTex

2dcd2b3d@gmail.com

Thanks
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

This ain't looking good kid...

Have fun,
Dave
--
Sorry Chip!!
wrote:
hi There

JGTex

2dcd2b3d@gmail.com

Thanks
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I don't know about the 3d but its built into Autocad 2000
converting is not a problem ive been using Autocad since it began

if you have drawn on the board as i did for 25 years its a givin

iso or 3D its not a problem

send an email larry16@cox.net
Message 11 of 12
Misshanmm

Recently, I usually need to transfer PDF files to Image format and convert my video between 2D and 3D.

With the help of PDF to Image Converter and 3D Converter, I did these conversion smoothly.

I will be likely to share both of them. They are not free but useful. Hope it can help.

1: 3D Converter

This 3D Converter is a powerful all-in-one 3D Video Converter software, which can help you not only convert 2D to 3D files but also convert 3D to 2D and other 3D videos. Besides that, supporting a wide range of popular video formats is a highlight of this 3D Converter. The supported input video formats includes MTS, TS, M2TS, MPG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, etc. Moreover, this 3D to 2D Video Converter can help you get the video formats supported by popular portable devices like iPad, iPod, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, PSP, etc.

This 3D Converter offers you multiple output 3D modes: Anaglyph (Red/Cyan Anaglyph, Green/Magenta Anaglyph, Amber/Blue Anaglyph), Side by Side (Half-width/Full), and Top and Bottom (Half-height/Full). Optional Aspect Ratio Settings & Zoom modes can meet different output video play requirements. Super high converting speed allows you to enjoy your favorite movies more conveniently.

2: PDF to Image Converter

This PDF to Image Converter can convert PDF to TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TGA, PPM, and JPEG2000. Before converting PDF, It can help you choose the page range to select all pages, and your self-defined pages. All your PDF pages can be viewed on the preview window. Output image size and color are available for you to set.

For output JPEG format image, you can adjust the quality to meet your needs. And for GIF and TIFF format, you can select the "Multi-page" option to save output images to a single file; also for the GIF format, you can set the play speed for multiple pages; even you can choose the Compression for output TIFF format.

Message 12 of 12
Willjoe2442

How to convert a 2D image to 3D for printing in 3D
Install Microsoft 3D Builder.
Uploading an image and converting it to 3D.
Which conversion method to choose
Level selection and smoothing.
Scale your image to the size you want.
Save the image.

Regards,
Will

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report