Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface not triangulating correctly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
codee
503 Views, 2 Replies

Surface not triangulating correctly

I have a set of feature lines I am using to make a surface. When I add them to the surface 2/3 of the triangles on the curves are not actually on the curve. it is a consistent pattern of one on the curve and then two off the curve. It does not matter if I set the mid-ordinate distance to .1 or .05 I get the same result. It is making my offset profiles have different elevations despite the road being constructed symmetrically.  Any help would be appreciated.

DWG attached.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: codee

The area circled on the north side needs an additional FL to stop it from bulling to your ditch or pond so abruptly, the ordinate distance on those FL's define the ditch or pond seem a like there not small enough, Adding a FL for how you want it to look is a quick way of fixing the issue.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
codee
in reply to: rl_jackson

What I had circled was the flow line. The ponds are not the issue. I think the problem is that my supplemental factor was creating triangulation as shorter distance on curves than my mid-ordinate distance was creating.

[EDIT] That was the issue. Upon increasing the distance of my supplemental factor all the triangles now end up on the line but they only appear where the Mid-Ordinate distance dictates and no more than that. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report