Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet set manager

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
aaron.apodaca
586 Views, 9 Replies

sheet set manager

question?

I have set up a sheetset that has 82 drawings with sheet names, numbers and fields this took me a week.

The client has come back and said they want us to use their standards and use there standard .dst

Am I able to import my current drawing from the sheetset manager that I created into the clients dst without having to rename and renumber every drawing.

will I lose all my fields currently in my sheetset?

Thanks 

Aaron Apodaca

Jviation Inc.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
MMcCall402
in reply to: aaron.apodaca

If your sheets have fields that refer to any custom properties that are in your dst and not in the client's dst, you'll lose those.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 10
Jay_B

A third party such as SSMPropEditor by JTB World may be helpful.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

What's so special about their standard .dst?  Might be easier to massage your current sheetset to match their standard.

Message 5 of 10
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: Anonymous

You know I am not sure what so special about their dst? It is for a very big client I just figured I would comply, if I am able to massage the dst I will, I have never had to do this, so I was a bit thrown back on how I was going to accomplish the task. 

I will dive into their dst, and I will change all the naming to match theirs once I open up the properties I think if I am able to edit those names I will be good just have to figure if I can do that.

do you know if I can do that?

Aaron Apodaca 

Message 6 of 10
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay I will check that out

Message 7 of 10
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: MMcCall402

I thought so, not a huge deal since I already knew the outcome.

Message 8 of 10
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

thanks I figured it out, I had to rename everything and re-due all fields.

Message 9 of 10
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: MMcCall402

thanks I figured it out, I had to rename everything and re-due all fields I actually knew I had to do this but thought there might be a different solution.

thanks for the help.

Message 10 of 10
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks I figured it out.

the reason why this was so special is that this is a huge client and was just trying to keep their standard .dst into play after playing around with it for a couple of days it was easier to use their standard dst and rename everything other than massage our template I would have had to do that for every sheet created which I believe may have taken longer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report