Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager Fields/Properties Set vs Sheet specific

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1437 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet Set Manager Fields/Properties Set vs Sheet specific

Hello, 

I have a problem I have been running into recently while using SSM. We have a company standard sheetset and template that gets copied/renamed or saved for each new project. In the sheetset layout we have custom overall project properties such as project name, address, project number etc and sheet specific properties like sheet number, sheet name etc. 

The problem is that when switching back and forth between projects I'm working on, the the layouts will take on the overall properties from the other project, the properties in the SSM dialogue box stay as they should, but the words in the layout change Project 1 is now displaying Project 2 even though in Project 1's SSM properties it says the name should be Project 1  and no amount of regenerating fixes it. The layouts have typically been made by copying our company template into the project folder and renaming like: "Project 1 Template" it then starting new drawings from that and "importing layouts as sheets." 

I really need to get to the bottom of what I am doing wrong here moving forward to keep this from happening. If I am missing any vital information please let me know and I'll add it to the post. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
strikilis
in reply to: Anonymous

If you go into the drawing and double click on the field then right click to hit edit field you should be able to change where it is taking the information from. If you are switching fields from one job to another that have 2 separate sheet sets then you need to have them both open to make it easier for you. If you go to the field names down to where it says sheet set it'll give you the option to choose where it is taking the information from. I hope this helps if any of this is unclear let me know and I'll try to clear things up.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: strikilis

Do you think you could help me understand why it is happening though? Layouts in some of my drawings pulling the general information from a different sheetset it has never been associated with? It will pull all of the overall "sheetset properties" Like project name and date of project start and the designer name then I have to go in and do what you showed me how to do with the double clicking and right clicking each separate field. 

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

In my experience this happens when a SSM field is populated manually by going into the attributes or text adding / editing the field through the acad interface and selecting the ss properties desired

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report