Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Reports C3D2009

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
233 Views, 5 Replies

Printing Reports C3D2009

Is there any way of printing Autocad reports using a different web browser than IE?  My computer has lost the use of IE so I've loaded Firefox.  I can no longer access any of the reports.  I use the reports mostly for point print outs but I have used some of the others as well. I'm using C3D 2009.  Any help would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

The reports get created, just not displayed. Create a shortcut that opens the CivilReport.htm file in yoy %TEMP% folder in Firefox.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the help, but I need some more.  I don't seem to have a "temp" file in Firefox.  Can you walk me thru it a little better? I found the Civilreport.htm file but don't know where to move it to. I get "error displaying report in registered browser"

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

%TEMP% is your Windows Temp folder. Don't move the report html file, right click on the one you found (it should be in the Temp folder) and create a shortcut on your desktop that you can click to quickly open it once it is created in C3D. Yes, you will still get that error message everytime, but now you will have a quick way to open the report.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the help, It got me looking in the right direction.  We use XP Pro and I needed to look in C/Doc & setting/"My Name"/Local Settings/Temp/Civilreports.htm, make my shortcut to that.  As you said, I'll still get the error, but my shortcut will print my report.

Message 6 of 6
BrianHailey

Some reports require the web browser to be up and running, such as the "General Legal for Parcels". Using thiis one, your internet browser is used to generate the report, not just display so some functionality might still be limited by not having IE available.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report