Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Segment Codes Not Generating Expected Result

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lhgreer21
259 Views, 2 Replies

Line Segment Codes Not Generating Expected Result

I 99.9% of the time have great success with the various line and curve segment codes and getting the result that I expect from them. However, I'm currently running into a snafu and would love to get a good solution. My field surveyor started a line of concrete about 5 feet from a building since he couldn't get any closer with his GPS due to heavy trees. Everything I find says I should be able to do the <extend><value> which in this case would be X-5.0 to extend backwards. This is not working - in fact when I do this, it's connecting to the last point on the figure and bypassing this point all together. I'm currently running 2019.

Slo-Fox
Survey Project Manager
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: lhgreer21

Using the extend needs 2 Points so most likely the field tech start at the point 5' from the building and ran the sidewalk away from the building. In that case you cant use the X -5.0 code. If it was ran the reverse direction, then you could code it to have the X 5.0 and it would work. Unfortunately you can add arcs and modify arc, I'm not sure if you can reverse the direction in the figure properties add the code and reprocess that line and it adjust accordingly. (Be nice to have the full basket of codes for use in the figure properties dialogue.)

I would just to a regular extend and update the figure in the database, so that if you need to reinsert it the edit is already there.

EDIT:  As a side note I have gone created a point that is "calculated" for the position/elevation using slope of the figure then inserted that point PNEZD into the point file to create the new point start point. Making sure that by SDB is set to "As Imported" vs. "Point #" when reprocessing line work. (Even with the later it's an easy fix in the figure properties to push the last point to the first point.)   Smiley Wink

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
lhgreer21
in reply to: rl_jackson

I have done both of those suggestions and what I'm trying to accomplish for the end product dictates which of those makes the most sense. I was hoping I was overlooking something.  Thank you!

Slo-Fox
Survey Project Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report