Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Link to Marked Point

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
david.garrigues
575 Views, 5 Replies

Label Link to Marked Point

Hey Everyone,
I am using 2009. I am having the darndest time getting my Link To Marked Point to label the Link portion.
1. Added the Marked Point and filled in the code of
---Point Name = PointToFind
---Point Code = PointCode

2. Added the Link to Marked Point
---Marked Point Name = PointToFind
---Link Codes = LinkToLabel

3. Went and selected the Assembly itself and went to the codes tab and right below that it will show you what codes you currently have in that particular assembly. The Link Code LinkToLabel does not show up. Now I have tried numerous times to go into the Code Set Style and Import Codes. However, I am still unable to even see the name LinkToLabel inside the Code Set Style.

It will find the Marked Point Stuff PointCode, but it will not find the Link Code stuff LinkToLabel. I have attached a simple drawing just to show that I am not crazy.

Is this a bug? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
dg
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nzeeben
in reply to: david.garrigues

Dave,

In the assembly layout mode the link to marked point doesnt actually create the link, which is why it is not showing on the codes tab. If you build a corridor the link will be available though. I have attached an image of my link, it is coded NJZ.

Edited by: nzeeben on Mar 17, 2010 7:09 PM
Image upload failed Edited by: nzeeben on Mar 17, 2010 7:09 PM

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Nick for looking into this. However, I am not talking about layout mode I totally get that it would not show that. However, I am talking about the cross section. Sorry if I was not clear.

Also I think you forgot to attach your image.

thank you very much for looking into this.

dg
Message 4 of 6
nzeeben
in reply to: david.garrigues

Didnt forget, the image upload just failed.

My same comments still apply, when you are looking at assembly properties it is never going to list the codes for the link as they are not being drawn in layout mode. Edited by: nzeeben on Mar 17, 2010 7:19 PM

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 5 of 6

See this is where I am getting confused. If never lists them then how in the world will we ever be able to tell it which label style to use? Are we talking about the same thing? I am trying to label my cross sections automaticaly. The only way I know to do that is to have set the link label style in the code set style. If it never shows up in the lists it how can I tell it which one to use?

It does not do this on any other type of assembly. But it does it with this one.

Again thanks for your help but am I still missing something? I know I am part moron but don't hold that against me.

thanks
dg
Message 6 of 6

Oh my goodness sometimes you just have to read the command line. This has to be the tip of the quarter. I never knew you could add codes to your Code Set Style by picking your corridor.

You are the BEST!!!

It fixed my problem I kept picking on the assembly because...that is the way I have always done it.

thanks!!!

dg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report