Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improper Corridor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dbennettMQJY6
232 Views, 6 Replies

Improper Corridor

I have created an assembly for my main road.  I have daylight lines set and they are correctly doing their job.  The problem is, the CL is following the existing ground surface, but from the curb to the daylight line, it is following the proposed profile.  How do I fix this?

Desgin1_Capture1.JPG

Desgin1_Capture2.JPG

Desgin1_Capture3.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dbennettMQJY6

What did you use to define the corridor surface? for starters< I suggest only using the top link option and select break line overhang toggle

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
dbennettMQJY6
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I was able to use the Top Link and got rid of the Daylight that was in there.  I recreated the corridor and it is still doing what it did before, just not as bad this time.  Where is the breakline overhang toggle located?

Desgin1_Capture4.JPG

Message 4 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dbennettMQJY6

keep going: check add breakline and the pop down for overhang correction. I forget the specific name but it will make sense when you see it

JoeBouza_1-1688127108131.png

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
dbennettMQJY6
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you for your help so far.  So that fixed one side of my corridor, but the other side is still screwed up.  It is now showing a proper representation of what I am seeing.  There appears to be a daylight set to my back of curb that is daylighting towards the CL of the roadway tying into the existing profile still.  For the segment that would be a cut daylight, it is making the contours follow this daylight.  For the segment where it would be a fill daylight, the fill daylight line is still visible, but the contours are following the proposed grade.  Weird.

Desgin1_Capture5.JPG

Desgin1_Capture6.JPG

Message 6 of 7

Here is the drawing so you can better see what is going on.

Bests,

Message 7 of 7

Hey there.  Just wanted to let you know that I solved the problem.  I recreated the assembly and there were no issues.  Not sure what the problem was with the other assembly though.  Thank you for your advice and earlier fixed.

Bests,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report