Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Daylight Line disappears

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1285 Views, 8 Replies

Grading Daylight Line disappears

I have a very simple grading as you can see from the image. The problem is that the Daylight line disappears after a bit. If I move the original Featureline a bit, then the daylight shows up again. The grading in itself doesn't disappera, you can see it in 3D at all times - so it's just the Daylight line that is not showing up. I think it has something to do with the Daylight line overlapping the original featureline - since it comes back when I move the original featureline so that it doesn't overlap. 

Anyone seen this before? Have a clue how to solve it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Check your Visual Style to be sure you are in 2D Wireframe.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

just checked - and in 2D Wireframe all the time. 

Message 4 of 9
clinton_merrell

Did you ever find a solution to this? It it happening to me all the time in C3D 2018 and 2019

Message 5 of 9
codee

I am still having the same problem

Message 6 of 9
KPerison
in reply to: codee

Same issue still. ver.C3D2018.3

Dref'd EG surface w/ Grading to surface criteria. Grading projection lines and auto TINN Surface from grading group disappear after open close. So frustrating!

Grading object and daylight FL's are still there, but projection lines and TINN are gone. Auto surface is still in surface list, but contains no data.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: KPerison

Grading entities are fishy, always have.  I explode the grading objects and convert the daylight line into a feature line and add them to my proposed surface. HTH

Message 8 of 9
KPerison

Was just in the process of doing that.

Autodesk! ...... you listening?

Does not exactly fit the dynamic "BIM" modeling workflow does it?

Gradings would be so useful if only we could count on them. 

Message 9 of 9
justin_zechmeister

I had a similar problem to this where when using the grading tool to create a 4:1 daylight to my EG outside of a feature line, the grading was not showing up. After over an hour of trouble-shooting, the only solution I could find was to EXPLODE my feature line into a 3D polyline, recreate the feature line, and reassign it as a breakline to my FG surface. This seemed to solve the problem as the grading now appears when using the grading tool. I recently updated the feature line so perhaps somehow it got corrupted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report