Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Scale Changes in Paper Space of all Civil 3d generated Objects

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
776 Views, 10 Replies

Drawing Scale Changes in Paper Space of all Civil 3d generated Objects

hi guys

i have one problem with autocad civil 3d

Most of the time i put lots of efforts to make drawing in paper space using vp, when every thing is appered to be ok and i have printed the same, After some time the scale of Autocad civil 3d objects (all those which are generated by Civil 3d) gets changed(in paper space).

in starting i get very upset.

but now what i do is that, i copy the same layout to onother new layout and every thing seems to be ok.

plz help me ... i m not doing anything then how its happen every time?? and kills my time lot.

i have attached the screenshot.

1. when every thing is appered to be ok ---screenshot no1

2. gets changed(in paper space).---screenshot no 2

3.  copy the same layout to onother new layout and every thing seems to be ok------screenshot no 3

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rl_jackson
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks to me as though your not locking the viewport. That's almost the first thing that should happen once the scale is set.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rl_jackson

no bro i always used to lock the vp.

u can see , may be it is not locked (assume), then how it becomes corrected after copying the same layout (by clipboard) to the new layout??

Message 4 of 11
rl_jackson

Then is it possible that the VP scale and annoscale are jacked up. In properties there are 2 scales. Verify that they match

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rl_jackson

dont know what is happening

i tried plz see the screenshot in properties for both VP annonation scale is 1:5000

Message 6 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

Make sure you set UCSFOLLOW to 0. Set it in paper space, and activate the viewport and set it to 0 there as well.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 11
AllenJessup

You only mentioned copying the layout. Does a Regen-all help?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

No AllenJessup regen doesnt works
Message 9 of 11
rl_jackson

Ok I guess now would be as good a time as any to ask what version and if you have all updates and service packs installed. Also have you done an audit to the file. And finally can you provide the drawing or do you have to many data shortcuts involved.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
AllenJessup

Thought I'd try something easy. Sometimes we forget easy. Would it be possible for you to post a drawing with one layout that has problems and a copy that is good? I've never had a problem like that where a regen wouldn't fix it. Without looking at an actual drawing I'm out of ideas.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
mike_tomasurvey

Use the command PSLTSCALE and set the perameter to 0. I know this is years late but maybe it will help someone else. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report