Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Road Cross Section

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
717 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Road Cross Section

Can nybody plz help me with  how to display Exsisting Ground  levels on cross sections at specified offsets .Whenever i try plotting my road x sections , it is showing offsets at fixed intervals eg at every 10 m or 5 m . However i want my offsets not at fixed intervals but as mentioned in my csv sheet which i import .I am stating the procedure used stepwise to be more specific..

1.) Creating a surface from a csv sheet having PNEZD format

2.) Creating an alignment using concatenate command from excel.

3.) Drawing a profile

4.) Plotting my x sections

I have checked many youtubes but i guess i am unable to get the exact video for my help.I will appreciate if anybody will help me on this.I just need my EG levels at my desired offsets and not at fixed intervals.Thank u.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

when you create your sections, you can specify the station individually - moreover, you can specify these visually. If I understand correctly, you have defined points from the file you imported, so you can always pick those points to locate the section location.

Message 3 of 5
sboon

Something like this?  I used a band style set to display elevations at grade breaks on the EG surface. 

Capture.PNG

Displaying surface elevations on section views at specific offsets would be a little more tricky.  It could be done using a corridor and code set.  You could also project objects to multiple section views, and set it to display/label at the surface elevation for that offset.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: sboon

Along the same lines as Steve's solution, you can label the surface section but turn off the weeding. This is most likely why you are seeing the labels at specific intervals.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank u for the response .However i was not particularly concerned about the stations or the specific location .What i wanted to know was (I m sorry i was perhaps not clear earlier) for instance my offsets on the LHS  of the centre line are say -1.375,-2,-2.75,-4.13 etc and RHS say 1.375,2,2.75,4.13 etc against those specified offsets i have entered certain elevations. Now what i want is can my road section display only those offsets and respective elevations in my final section or offsets are displayed only at fixed intervals .I am not acquianted with the various options civil 3d is providing hence i was curious if i can get the section as per my datas.

I just want to see in my section only the offsets and respective elevations i have imported from the csv file . However my section is showing offsets and repective elevation at every 5m or 10m interval which i need to fix at the beginning .

regards

sonali

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report