Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable educational plot stamp warning

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
5881 Views, 10 Replies

disable educational plot stamp warning

Anyone know how to make this irritating warning go away?  Yes, I understand all plots done from files saved with an educational version will have a stamp, I don't need a reminder every time I open a file.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know how to make this irritating warning go away?  Yes, I understand all plots done from files saved with an educational version will have a stamp, I don't need a reminder every time I open a file.

Pay for the commerical version. I'm sure there's a way or hack that can do it but I figure as long as it's free what's one little click "OK" dialog.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Adjust your start up.  It worked for me.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for the answer.  Could you explain a little more about how you did that?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph, I'm not sure if you're trying to be cute, or helpful, but your answer is neither.  Let me explain the problem further, so nobody else gives me a flippant answer like,  "Just go buy a license for $3000 and that message will go away".  I use C3D at work.  At home, I use the educational version to do continuing education.  I open lots and lots of files.  The warning about the educational version slows me down.  Does anyone know the command to turn it off?  Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
wfberry

Perhaps you should have explained this in the first place.  As far as I know, Autodesk allows a "take home" copy if your employer is OK with it.

Bill

BTW, don't bash our Murph, he is one of our good guys.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Look into the variable "startup".  Two options 0 or 1.  Set it to 1.

Message 8 of 11
tcorey

The answer is you are not supposed to be able to turn that off in the educational version, otherwise thousands of companies would find a way to get their hands on educational versions and use them for their work.

If your employer maintains subscription, you can request a home-use license--unless you would rather not have your employer asking you to finish your work at home.    😉

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 9 of 11
Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

Murph, I'm not sure if you're trying to be cute, or helpful, but your answer is neither.  Let me explain the problem further, so nobody else gives me a flippant answer like,  "Just go buy a license for $3000 and that message will go away".  I use C3D at work.  At home, I use the educational version to do continuing education.  I open lots and lots of files.  The warning about the educational version slows me down.  Does anyone know the command to turn it off?  Thank you.

Being honest is all.

If you are talking about the dialog warning as in my attached image then create your own dwt file and set that as your starting template. Then when you create a new dwg you will not get the warning unless you open a dwg that was created in a commercial version. If you want a way to never get that warning no matter what dwg you open you need to hack the system however no regular user on this site will tell you how to do that.

If you search and read all the threads on the Educational version, plot stamps and files infections and everything else on that warning or about the Education versions you may understand why it's there. My thought is still "hey it's free I'll put up with the extra time it takes to click the OK"

EdWarning.png

Murph
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

For clarification, adjusting the startup as I previously posted does not disable the Educational Plot Stamp when plotting, see attached.  It just changes the startup of whatever version of AutoDesk product you use, if you want to open into a blank drawing, or load a template or browse for a file and that's it.  Some of you should actually read the OP and do your research before chiming in.  These forums are to learn from our or someone else's mistakes and experiences.  I am aware this is an open forum and in my opinion NO ONE here is an expert even though there are many here who think they are.  I understand there are a few jokesters on these forums, so for you sensitive types.  Just go with it.

PS Hey Murph, Still riding?

Message 11 of 11
Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

PS Hey Murph, Still riding?

Nope, my neighbor's co-worker was looking for a bike and I wasn't riding that much so I sold it to him, I got more for it than if I traded it in on new one. Besides as hot as it is right now it's best to wait a few months before I start looking again.

Murph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report