Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Extension Line Missing Node

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
camden.n.dean
181 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension Extension Line Missing Node

Hello,

I have a simple problem, but I can't figure out how to phrase my question to find the solution.

I have a dimension that I made using the DIMCONTINUE command. The extension line on the right is correct, but the extension line on the left is not extending to the red construction line. Normally I just use the grip that controls where it is measuring from (at the bottom of the right extension line), but that grip does not exist on the left extension line so I am at a loss.

camdenndean_0-1692036188823.png

-Camden

P.S. attached is a copy of my .dwg, but i am not bothering to promote the data shortcuts since they are not relevant to this problem.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Alright, found out that I can just zoom in really tight and find the grip that I usually use, so I have a workaround for this problem. Leaving this thread unresolved for now though because I would love to know if there is a better solution where I don't have to grip edit each continue dimension that I draw.

-Camden

Message 3 of 4

It's not showing up?

The Extensions are there, really, they are, but they're too short. The the Extension line is too close to the Dim line and that makes them too short. The Extension needs a reasonable length away from the Dim line. You can use 'Continue' but you still need to SNAP to a point ON the red line, not up in mid-air. 

101.png

Many users, at least savvy ones, turn on both Orthomode (F8) and Autosnap (F11) then use their mouse skills to create 'continue-type' dims.  

Chicagolooper
Message 4 of 4

Oooooh, I see.

I knew that the properties were telling me that the extension line is on, and I could see the extension line ext above the arrow, but I didn't realize that I was just making the bottom part of the extension line very short based on where I was clicking when drawing the dimension.

For what it's worth, I was snapping to the intersection of the dimension line and some vertical construction lines that I had drawn at the stations of interest, not a totally random place in midair. Still, I now see how and why to deal with this in the future.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report