Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connect fails to add .tif - unchecks boxes (C3D 2019)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RyanMSeng
342 Views, 4 Replies

Data Connect fails to add .tif - unchecks boxes (C3D 2019)

I'm having problems connecting to data in Civil 3D 2019. Data connect appears to make the connection, but when I click the "Add to Map" button, all the checked boxes on my data get unchecked and my .tif is not added to the drawing.

No error messages are involved. Anybody?

Thanks for looking!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: RyanMSeng

Drag the slider bar above the 'Add to Map' button and move it the right so you can view the Coordinate System column. What is the CS shown? Does it show <none>? If it shows none, then you'll need to edit it so it's the CS given to the image by the original author, for example change it to LL84 (referenced to WGS84) ?which is a common to many images. If it's not LL84, then you'll need to do detective work to figure it out.

Chicagolooper
Message 3 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but when I click the "Add to Map" button, all the checked

>> boxes on my data get unchecked

This is a normal behavior, after you clicked "Add to Map" you might select another ones, so you don't need to remove the previous ones that are already inserted/referenced.

Look to the MAPWSPACE palette ==> Display Manager ... there you should find your TIF's listed.

Right-click to any of the TIF's and use "Toom to Extents" to zoom to the selected TIF's location/size.

20190608_203130.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5
RyanMSeng
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks @Alfred.NESWADBA and @ChicagoLooper , I am no longer having the issue. Previously, after hitting 'add to map' there was no dialogue that appeared as "adding layers to map". Anyway, a week of not working on it seems to have fixed itself.

FYI, the coordinate system was LL84 and originally I was trying to add without modifying coordinate system. I then used the "edit coordinate system" button to overrride it to CA83-IF ....this 'worked' but placed it in the wrong location. I tried again using LL84 and it worked, placing it in the correct place (even though my drawing coordinate system is CA83-IF). Anyhow, thanks very much for your time and suggestions!

Message 5 of 5
ChicagoLooper

@RyanMSeng wrote:

I tried again using LL84 and it worked, placing it in the correct place (even though my drawing coordinate system is CA83-IF). Anyhow, thanks very much for your time and suggestions!

You have discovered a feature of the program that many users, for some bizarre reason, fail to comprehend: The coordinate systems do NOT have to be the same.

The native coordinate system of the image can be a globally referenced coordinate system such as LL84 in degrees (referenced to WGS84). When you assign a State Plane coordinate system to modelspace, such as California NAD83 Zone 1 in feet, it is perfectly OK because the program will use its built-in coordinate system library and make the transformation for you, i.e. from one datum to the other.

If you fail to assign the native coordinate system to the image by over riding it, as in giving it the same CS as modelspace when you shouldn't, then your image will not be geospatially accurate.  

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report