Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Page Layout Help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
brburklund
342 Views, 4 Replies

Cross Section Page Layout Help

We have created a project that has everything but we are getting stuck with something relatively simple on the cross section layout.  We are hurrying some trying to finish up a project, so it is very possible we have missed something in the forums and our researching; so thanks for your patience in helping.

We have a walk that is approximately 7000 feet in length with plan, profile with existing and design surfaces.  We have made our sample lines and created the sections with no issue other than page layout for the sections.

The cross sections are every 50'.  When we go to create sections, we end up with 13 wide x 11 tall which won't fit on our page setup.    We need about 4 wide x 4 tall.  I have read and watched tutorials and we are doing something wrong but don't know what it is.

Would someone be able to provide some basic checks to try to help with our style or setup up so we can get our pages right?

Thanks in advance everyone.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: brburklund

How big is your sheet?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
brburklund
in reply to: tcorey

11x17

⁣Brent Burklund, P.E.​
Message 4 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: brburklund

I should also have asked the sample widths of the sections and if you are creating the section views in draft mode or using Plan Production tools.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
brburklund
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for your reply.  We have done production and draft trying to get things to work.  The sections are 60' wide and 40' tall and would like a 1:40 print scale.

Lake Maloney Sidewalk 2016 Design-Model.jpg

We were hoping to get three or four wide x four or five tall on an 11x17 sheet.  In the old days with LDD, you would pick the number of rows and columns.  I know we are never going back there, but that had some simplicity.

Here is what we are getting right now.  I had picked a default ANSI D template 40 scale and it wasn't working.  It made the same as draft.

Thanks so much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report