Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Corridor) Feature Line Smoothing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
doni49
1134 Views, 2 Replies

(Corridor) Feature Line Smoothing

I've been researching the options to deal with tessellation of my corridor.  I see the option to extract feature lines from the corridor and to maintain a dynamic link.

I've now found a link in the docs for converting tessellated lines to arcs.  Can I use this command with a dynamically linked FL?  And will it maintain the dynamic link?

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-BE13F766-B372-4564-B9AF-5B7A5526EA8-1066.htm

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ralstogj
in reply to: doni49

Hi
No I do not believe you can a dynamic feature line has vertices at where ever the section frequencies in you corridor generate a section. To smooth out the surface around corners use surface smoothing and box out an area around the curve and increase the tin mesh to say a 0.5m grid in the box. Check out Jason hickeys au paper on corridors from au 2012 he explains the process
Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: doni49

I've now found a link in the docs for converting tessellated lines to arcs.  Can I use this command with a dynamically linked FL?  And will it maintain the dynamic link

You'll notice that when you select a linked feature line the Modify Geometry tools on the ribbon are greyed out, so, no, you won't be able to fit curves on that object.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report