Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Style to Dragged State Upon Insertion?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
234 Views, 4 Replies

Change Style to Dragged State Upon Insertion?

When creating a style, (for example a Spot Elevation style), I'd like it to be in a dragged state upon insertion, rather than having it plop down right at the point and then having to click and drag it off to where I want it. 

I can't seem to find the option to change this though..........

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create a component of a line or a block of a leader in the style.   I think that's probably the only way to do it.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Instead of a dragged state, you can create the label style to appear that way, with a line or other such component, then the label attached to that component.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I know what you mean (I think) but I would like some more flexibility than having a standard offset from marker to label because on several of my sheets I have several points that are clustered together such that I need to orient each label to make them fit...

Message 5 of 5
klugb

I setup our system just like the other suggestions. I created my default style to "look" just like the dragged state, so if you have to move something you don't even notice. This way if it's OK when labeled you can just leave it alone.

The only thing that I would like is the attachment to be the edge of the structure (like the drag state) and not the center (default).

Watch the Video:

http://screencast.com/t/qyT2Eiavrt

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report