Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant create data shortcuts in C3D 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
473 Views, 4 Replies

Cant create data shortcuts in C3D 2010

I get the following notice when I try to create a data shortcut: The data shortcut file ****.xml (example name) could not be updated because it is in use by another application. How do I get this issue resolved, because I need the data shortcut capability?  I have tried a new drawing, working folder, and data shortcut folder.  C3d 2008 and older data shortcut capability worked flawlessly for me.  Why is one day I can do it and another I can't in c3d 2010? See attached pdf screen print of the message I get.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
james_wedding
in reply to: Anonymous

Lisa,

Are your files saved before you create the shortcut? Is this occuring when you first create the shortcut, or when you're trying to update something?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: james_wedding

I save the files before I try to create a data shortcut.  This happens just trying to create a data shortcut.

Message 4 of 5
Hidden_Brain

shooting in the dark, but two things come to my mind:

1. do you have write access to that folder?

2. the filepath seems a little long (probably >255 characters, including spaces). maybe that's the reason. can you test an see if you can create your data shortcuts in any other folder with a shorter filepath?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for replying.  Your right, I had too many folders with to long of file names.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report