Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Offset alignment from objects

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bcolonXQE5F
404 Views, 6 Replies

C3D Offset alignment from objects

Hi!

Is possible to create a c3d offset alignment from a polyline already drawn? C3D, have a command to make this, or exist other method?
Thanks for the support!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ChrisRS
in reply to: bcolonXQE5F

AeccCreateAlignmentEntities

ChrisRS_0-1646667631684.png

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
bcolonXQE5F
in reply to: ChrisRS

Thank you, very much.  I found the offset command, inside of the create alignment from objects pull down menu.

Message 4 of 7
Jeew-m

Even though you create an offset alignment from an object that will not act as a real offset alignment. Usually, offset alignment is related to a parent alignment and update as parent alignment updates. In your case, that dynamic feature will not be there.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 7
bcolonXQE5F
in reply to: Jeew-m

ok, I understand, but even if it doesn't have the qualities of a dynamic offset, it will works so that the typical section goes through them and creates the corridor, and the cross sections?

Thank you, for your answer!

Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson

If I had a Polyline I'd probably make it a Feature Line first, then you could use the feature line as a target

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
bcolonXQE5F
in reply to: rl_jackson

Yes, that is my case. I drew the polylines of the offsets of my alignment, directly in cad, because I had difficulties to use the c3D commands to make the transition of the widening of the proposed lane edges, to the existing edges of road.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report