Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcDb Spatial Index Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jmessal
597 Views, 4 Replies

AcDb Spatial Index Error

I've been getting this error on every type of .dwg file since at least 2015-16. 

I would consider these file "clean", and free of corruption. The file seems to perform okay and I've generally treated it as a non issue. Does anyone know why I am getting this error? Does anyone know how to fix it?

spatial index.jpg
I did not find that changing any of the below system variables kept the error from occurring. 
INDEXCTL = 3
XLOADCTL =2

DEMANDLOAD =3

I am setting the INDEXCTL and XLOADCTL system variables at file open for all files in the acaddoc.lsp routine.

I found the below forum post interesting. It makes me wonder if I need to turn the indexctl to zero for the sheet files and leave the INDEXCTL=3 in the base files that are being xref'ed into the sheets .

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/xref-demand-loading-spatial-and-layer-indexes-and-inde...

Thank you in advance for any help!

Landon Messal, PE
CAD Systems Integration Engineer

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019.3
VMware Virtual Platform
Intel Xeon Gold 6244 CPU - 8 Cores at 3.6GHz
32GB's RAM
8GB's Graphical RAM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: jmessal

INDEXCTL = 0, all the way around. As someone said in that thread, "3" just caused more problems than it solved.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
jmessal
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the reply!

In the same forum post @Cadguru42 seemed to experience an improvement in performance. So in your opinion @rkmcswain  will changing my lisp routine to set INDEXCTL=0 improve our performance?

Do you think it will resolve my Spatial Index Error?

Will changing the INDEXCTL value in the middle of a project cause issues? In other words do I need to take this out of my lisp routine and change the INDEXCTL to zero in the templates?

Landon Messal, PE

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019.3
VMware Virtual Platform
32GB's RAM
8GB's Graphical RAM

Message 4 of 5
jmessal

Out of curiosity. Is anyone else getting this error? Can anyone at Autodesk speak this error? I can't find any documentation on this.

Landon Messal, PE

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019.3
VMware Virtual Platform
32GB's RAM
8GB's Graphical RAM

Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

@jmessal - the answer to your last question, IMO, is yes. We tried a setting of 3, looking for performance gains, and never really saw any. The only thing it did was screw up our Civil 3D drawings. Feature lines and profiles would be missing when xrefed into another drawing, until we set this to 0 in the child drawing. So we set all drawings to 0 and no more issues.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report