Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom head

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mvora77
736 Views, 4 Replies

custom head

Hi, can i import my own custom head for the character and use other parts of character.???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
in reply to: mvora77

Hi,

It's currently not possible to import your own custom head and use other parts of characters.

But you can open a suggestion about that

To do so, you can go on the Help and use "Suggest a Feature..."

Sophie

Message 3 of 5
Rob-Geen
in reply to: 134991

Yes, adding a custom head will be great extra functionality

I have added a feature request, thanks

Message 4 of 5

As posted (separate thread) - Creature Creator does not appear in mandatory drop down of products - so no way to send via this method at present.

Cheers,

Amy

Message 5 of 5
kmarkus-walczak
in reply to: mvora77

This is just a suggestion and it's based on Maya...if you're using another program, I have no idea if it will work or not.  That said, the characters created by Character Generator seem to be a pretty standard, straight forward mesh.  In Maya, you could...in theory...go to an orthographic view, select the faces of the head (I'd import the new head and scale it approprately so you know how far down the neck to go), delete them, then bring in your new head.  You'll probably want to edge loop the neck opening to keep it's shape (since you removed the head) and and you may need to tweak a vertice or two in order to get the neck of the new head to fit correctly to the mesh of the body (obviously I haven't tried this yet) but it should work.

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report