Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Credits

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
1545 Views, 17 Replies

Cloud Credits

So a Cloud Credit is $1.00 USD per Cloud Credit. How many credits do we have accumulated? We have 1 MAYA Entertainment Creation Suite Premium and 1 3Ds Max License and also Subscription. Where do I find the pricing for high res. models that I create with Autodesk Character Generator? One last question: Can the models be used commercially?

Thank You,

Ron

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
PdEd
in reply to: Anonymous

I have this exact same question.  Some information on this would be helpful.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 18
verafx
in reply to: PdEd

It is currently 5 cloud credits to generate a character using paid features.  Paid features are highlighted either via a cloud credit icon (as when selecting an artistic style such as Bulk or Gorn) or via a colored indicator next to paid options at generation time (e.g. medium and high level-of-detail, Facial rig options, etc.).

There are indicators both during the character design phase and the generation phase which will show you how many cloud credits are required.  At this time, it is a set rate of 5 cloud credits regardless of how many paid features you use.

You are not actually charged any cloud-credits until you have generated a character and are ready to download.

Message 4 of 18
luc.vovan

Last part of your question, yes you can use them commercially, restriction free, it's written in the Terms of Service!

Enjoy Character Generator!

For more info:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Character-Generator-General/How-can-the-paid-generated-characters-be-u...

Message 5 of 18
garyb
in reply to: verafx

These features you refer to for the paid option appear to be greyed out even logged in with my subscription ID - which is for the Entertainment Ulitmate creative suite - so whats going on with this feature? - Has anybody at autodesk been testing this, or are subscription holders regarded as testers now?

Message 6 of 18
verafx
in reply to: garyb

The missing piece, in your case, is most likely that the Contract Manager for your license has not linked your account with the Character Generator entitlement.  To access any cloud credit consuming service, each user account must be specifically linked with the contract that has the service entitlement and which contains the cloud credits.

Go to http://manage.autodesk.com to see what products and services you currently have access to.  If you do not see "Character Generator", contact the Contract Manager at your company and ask them to make you a Named User of the Character Generator entitlement.  They can then use http://manage.autodesk.com to do so.

Here is a youtube video from Autodesk that shows how a Contract Manager can link your account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SYKhNRcKRY

If you are a Named User for a Character Generator entitlement, please contact support directly and they will be able to help you as part of your subscription service.

I also want to be clear that the Contract Manager is someone at your company who works with Autodesk and manages the licenses that your company has purchased.  If you are the person that purchased the licenses/entitlements, then you are most likely the Contract Manager and can directly go the link, above.

Here is a screen capture showing manage.autodesk.com with a Character Generator entitlement

Character Generator Entitlement in Manage Accounts

Message 7 of 18
garyb
in reply to: verafx

Thanks for that but given that I agreed to terms of services etc. there could have simply been another tick box to link it to my account especially as I had to sign in anyways - appears to be a bit daftSmiley Mad

Message 8 of 18
gaudres

Hi,

Sorry for that.

Here's what to do to update the entitlements.

Go to https://accounts.autodesk.com/

Enter your A360 credentials (UserID and password)

Go to the Account tab

Click on "Access Now" button next to Autodesk® Character Generator

Then if you SignIn to CharacterGenerator, you should have the entitlements.

Best regards

Sophie

Message 9 of 18
garyb
in reply to: gaudres

I'm not sure whats going on here but there's nothing about character generator here. I only got the email this morning so maybe the service isn't fully operational in the UK yet.

Message 10 of 18
gaudres

Hi,
It should be available for UK on May 1rst.

Sophie

Message 11 of 18
verafx
in reply to: gaudres

The date for the UK has been pushed to May 9th.  Most Asian and European countries should become available either May 9th or May 12th.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

I have followed the instructions to enable Character Generator as Im a personal user subscription however my cloud credits appear to only say they are valid for rendering. I am unable to download any of the characters ive created because I have no credits associated with my account. why?

Message 13 of 18
CharacterGenerator_Team

Hi,
We apologize for the problem.

We’ll do our best to help you.

N.B. Whenever there is a change to the entitlement (ex: through a new purchase), the access to paid features for Autodesk Character Generator, from the time of the new purchase can/may be delayed up to four (4) hours.
Please sign out, wait few hours (around 4 hours) before signing back in to your account and try to download again.

Best regards

Character Generator Team

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

Hi I am still showing 0 cloud credits for my account I opened a ticket with Autodesk last week and still havent heard anything.

Message 15 of 18
CharacterGenerator_Team

Hi,
We apologize for the issue.

We are currently looking at the problem.

Can you please send us the ticket reference number.

Best regards

The Character Generator Team

Message 16 of 18
CharacterGenerator_Team

Hi,
The problem should be fixed now.
Can you please sign back in to your account and try to download again.

Please, let us know if the issue is resolved.

Best regards.
The Character Generator Team

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

Yes the issue has been resolved thank you for your attention to this I am looking forward to using this fanstatic product.

Message 18 of 18
marcos.garcia

Hello,

I need to buy more cloud credits and I was told that I can only but them until I have 5 or less. Is there another way? becasue I need 160 credist to do the lighting analysis of my project. Also, I want to know if I need to have an anual or monthy subscription in order to be able to buy the credits? 

Pleasse help me,

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report