Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto desk character testing Unity + Playmaker

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
colpolstudios
1068 Views, 7 Replies

Auto desk character testing Unity + Playmaker

Hi, here please find a link to todays test, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150707256/autodesk%20stealth%20wip/autodesk%20model%20test.html

You will notice some features are disabled as work continues on this project.

It took longer to upload the file than to use the autodesk character within the project.

Very very happy with the model and ease of use within Unity Game Engine. 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
alexchouls
in reply to: colpolstudios

Very cool! You should post this on the Playmaker forums too - I think there would be a lot of interest in your experiences with Character Generator 🙂

Message 3 of 8
colpolstudios
in reply to: alexchouls

Hi there there Alex I am sorry to say I jumped in far too quick there are issues with this rig and using Mecanim.

Testing continues so far the fingers are way off.

I have no experience with auto desk products so I will be trying out blender and the unity asset, there was one post of success when using this with Mecanim.

What is needed is the ability to download a unity and Mecanim version of any model made.

I am sure there would be lots of intrest in this setup, hopefully someone can set this up.

Message 4 of 8

As an Indi game developer I was very excited with the possibility to create my own characters with the use of the auto desk character generator, however I discovered issues when trying to use unity and the Mechanim system.

After three days of testing various solutions I feel auto desk themselves can possibly modify the current rigging used in order to suit the needs of unity and Mechanim users.

This option could be as an additional option within the download for those who wish to use the Mechanim system.

At present the only viable option is to upload the auto desk character generated to Mixamo and rig and download the unity option, however $79 cost.

Hopefully the auto desk company do not wish for all of us to use Mixamo to re-rig the models we create.

Mixamo fuse is now starting to look like an option for myself and possibly others.

Message 5 of 8
thoferek
in reply to: colpolstudios

Is the issue you have with the rig a problem with fingers? If so there is a documented solution posted in the onlline help here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/CHRGEN/ENU/?guid=GUID-9FCEC5EF-B4F4-420C-A018-0061752B9CD1 

Message 6 of 8
colpolstudios
in reply to: thoferek

Request: Is it possible for auto desk creators to modify the existing rig so that the extra bone for the hands is no longer used?

I have been trying to compensate for this extra bone within unity and Mechanim system with no success!

Other than purchasing Maya to run the script and reassign the weights and delete the unneeded bone on the left and right hand, I find myself like others who do not have access to Maya to resolve this issue created by the rigging, unable to use, any character created so far with the use of the Autodesk character generator within unity and it’s Mechanim system.

Hopefully the team behind this great innovation can come to an agreeable solution.

Personally I believe that Mixamo Fuse and there ability to create character models for games would be diminished with this step, as things stand at present those of us who do not have access to Maya.

Would have no choice but to upload any created character to Mixamo for re-rigging and purchase it!

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

Today, Character Generator was updated to version 2015.2. This update includes streamlined export options

Character generation can now be tailored per export target for applications such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Unity.

Best regards

Character Generator Team

Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Just to be more clear.

This last update includes streamlined export options and many other improvements.

Character generation can now be tailored per export target for applications such as Unity.

The new Unity export option fixes the finger bone problem.

Character Generator Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report