Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slip boundary condition

Slip boundary condition

Technically the slip/sym condition but with onlly the slip function.

4 Comments
tnorrisPHCWD
Observer

I need to simulate swirling flow exiting a fan as it enters the pipe downstream. The flow has strong swirl as a function of radius. Am I asking the right person at Autodesk?

The following would allow this to be done with Autodesk CFD in a narrow sector of the pipe, such as 30 or 45 degrees:

1. Allow flow through the two slip surfaces, but make the thru-flow equal at every corresponding point.

2. Allow a user-defined BC that allows me to use a math function to specify the magnitude and flow direction at every point on an inlet plane OR same as a function of radius from the central axis.

So far, I have not figured out a way to do this analysis using Autodesk CFD. It is turning out to be a =our main application, so it is of a lot of concern here. 

Thanks for considering this need. 

Tom Norris  925 408 4704

PaulNielsen
Advocate

Hi, I am not really the right person to ask as I don't work for Autodesk. I suggest you create a post in the forum instead. What I can tell you is that as far as I know it is not possible to create user-defined BC, however it may be possible to achieve what you want with some workaround.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for. 

apolo_vanderberg
Autodesk Support

@tnorrisPHCWD - Paul is correct here: you'd be best served by movign your question to the Forums and not here on Ideas (which is targeted for feature reuqests). 

That being said, look at our Periodic BC as this may be what you are looking for in #1. 
For #2 we can do velocity as a function of radius or with a linear PWL variation along a given direction (check the help on this) 

@PaulNielsen - Are you asking for slip (sans Sym) for purpose of radiation models? or is there another rationale for wanting Slip without Sym? 

Thanks

PaulNielsen
Advocate

Yes in my case it is for radiation models, specifically external simulations

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report