Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boundary settings in motion analysis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
327 Views, 6 Replies

boundary settings in motion analysis

Hi, 

I used boundary settings to constrain the moving object in my model in a box, however in the animation the object jumped out of the box several times, I am wondering are the boundary settings unsuccessful or it is a graphics issue? 

Thanks,

Gubing 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Do you mean a moving part that had limits set to how far it can move within the motion dialogue?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Yes 🙂 ________________________________ This e-mail was sent by GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited (registered in England and Wales No. 1047315), which is a member of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies. The registered address of GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited is 980 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9GS.
Message 4 of 7
Jon.Wilde

It should not be able to move past the limits set within the motion window. I guess this could be down to mesh or time step size but at the moment I am not sure. 

From what I rememeber, you had a pretty small time step size already?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

yes, and this time after I made the mesh finer, I run out of memory: Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 7
Jon.Wilde

What time step size are you using and how fast do the fluid and solids move?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Time step size = 0.001 Fluid 70m/s Solid 1m/s Will solid penetrate constraints due to high momentum? Is it a good idea to not suppress the solid container and use this as constraints, as solid wont penetrate solid? Thanks ________________________________ This e-mail was sent by GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited (registered in England and Wales No. 1047315), which is a member of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies. The registered address of GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited is 980 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9GS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report