Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref and attribute

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
riznasp
1259 Views, 3 Replies

xref and attribute

Friends,

I have inserted an xref into my file with an attribute in it. Is it possible to edit the attribute in the xref file without going into the xref file? I hope we can.

Thanks

Riznas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: riznasp

Most likely no, but your question is not detailed enough: more details about the "attribute" would help, like is it in a block or did you simply reference a block with only attributes floating around... .

Message 3 of 4
riznasp
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply. My question was that, instead of inserting title block xref and attribute block into the plot sheet file, can i insert the attribute block into the title block file and then insert the title block file inserted into the plot sheet file. I'll have to insert this xref into may be 100s of files. But if i do so will i be able to edit the attribute without going into the xref.

Thanks

Riznas

Message 4 of 4
jggerth1
in reply to: riznasp

@riznasp wrote:

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply. My question was that, instead of inserting title block xref and attribute block into the plot sheet file, can i insert the attribute block into the title block file and then insert the title block file inserted into the plot sheet file. I'll have to insert this xref into may be 100s of files. But if i do so will i be able to edit the attribute without going into the xref.

Thanks

Riznas

no

Any edits you make to the attribute that's been inserted into the xref title block will be identical across those hundreds of drawings.

Better approach would be to keep doing what you are doing, eg the Xref for stuff that's consistent across all sheets and an attirbute Insert thadisplays the information specific to each sheet.

next step will be to start exploring SheetSet Manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report