Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
craigcwc86
793 Views, 1 Reply

Workflow Question

The company I am currently working for designs large dams and water facilities. I currently work in the structural side of things, I was curious what Autodesk products you guys would recommend? We have been trying to determine a workflow that makes our life's easier. We are doing all our mechanical/structural modeling in Inventor  and Civil design in civil 3D, all of our sheets are being cut in straight AutoCAD. Our biggest concerns are that we have a dynamic link between our sheets and models, and that we are able to incorporate all disciplines into one master model using all Autodesk based products. I know this is a lot to incorporate but I thought I would ask for some opinions to see if we can improve the process we are currently using.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello,

I would recommend Revit. In my current position we model pharmacutical, tech, food manufactures, and science labs all in Revit. We are also a multi discipline with A,MEPFP,S. now not all needed software is directly tied into our workflows but more and more software are creating that seamless workflow. 

dynamic link between our sheets and models. Revit does this well from my experience. Now there are other platforms such as ArchiCAD, which I cant speak much on, because I don't use it, but I have heard great things about it.

Here is a link on Concrete dam in Revit:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/concrete-dam-in-revit/td-p/2694174

Water and wastewater plants:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/water-and-wastewater-plants/td-p/4355736

I hope this helps

Thanks,

DaltonG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report