Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Management for Architect

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dedamaian
724 Views, 3 Replies

Workflow Management for Architect

Hello,
I wanna know about how to organize every detail process from field surveying to global plan needed to build an amazing building (_including what kind a process needed to put measuring field data and organising it into AutoCAD and start working with it until we have a great Detail Engineering Drawing document that ready to execute and have precise acuration to the construction process).
Also needed a building sample process, no matter size or building puposes to be an example. It can be just a small house or maybe a mid-size building construction project like a Hospital or Mall or Hotel etc.
The main poin here is just _how to organize workflow into a standar procedure to build a building from an empty lands with step by step process.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jggerth1
in reply to: dedamaian

What's your budget to fund this effort?

Message 3 of 4
dedamaian

I'm sorry, i am from Indonesia.
Did you mean "budget to fund this effort" is the money that i should pay for you..?.
Or the budget size for the building project example..?.
Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
jggerth1

Actually..... both

1st) the size of the facility both financially and physically will have a major impact on what the work flow requirements are.  Along with terrain, resources, available expertise, existing infrastructure, etc etc etc.

2nd) you're asking for a huge amount of effort, by a large number of people, to come up with anything that would be even vaguely responsive to your request.  That's non-trivial, and cannot be handled within the context of a peer-to-peer support forum.  At the minimum would require a white paper backed by substantial research.  We're talking a multi-year effort that ought to involve everyone from university researchers to surveyors to interior designers,

Or are you looking for something as an academic exercise?

I do not know how relevant this would be to Indonesia, but you may want to explore the US National BIM Standard and the current 2010?(?) publiched specification sections from the Construction Specifiers Institure (CSI).  that at least is a starting point.

disclaimer -- I'm probably not interested myself - too much work for a result with limited usefulness.  Unless of course your budget to fund the effort is in the high seven figures....Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report