Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 and the taskbar

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mistress0fTheDorkness
7873 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 7 and the taskbar

So, we just upgraded to Windows 7 at work (finally). I always keep my taskbar on the right side of the screen, so that I can keep it wide enough to show the filenames. I have the AutoCAD TASKBAR sysvar set to 1. But, windows is stacking the entries, instead of displaying them all down the length of the taskbar. Can I change that?
(sorry, can't upload attachments here, see this post in the augi forums for a screenshot)

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

right-click on the taskbar and select SIDE BY SIDE option if I understtod your problem correctly.
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately, no, that's not what I'm going for... nothing to do with the application windows.

I just want the entries in the windows taskbar to appear separately, so the filenames are visible.

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 4 of 4

Okay, wow, I just finally found it... don't know why I didn't see it before...

Right click on taskbar > properties > Taskbar tab (taskbar appearance group) > Taskbar buttons: select 'never combine' from the dropdown.

There I go. I shoulda had a v8.

Melanie Stone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report