Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 7 64-bit SQL Server Tips w/AutoCAD 2011 Needed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chillme1
810 Views, 3 Replies

Win 7 64-bit SQL Server Tips w/AutoCAD 2011 Needed

I would like get input from users on setting up and using MS SQL Server 2008 on a Windows 7 64-bit system and connecting to AutoCAD 2011.

Thanks for your comments,

Clint Hill
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: chillme1

Be more specific. What are you using SQL server to do? SQL is a database system, not an operating system, so there is little direct connection between SQL and Autocad. BTW we have SQL here and Autocad, but they have nothing to do with each other.

Message 3 of 4
chillme1

I am new to databases but do somewhat understand the differences among the items covered in this discussion.

The specifics of this discussion include, via ODBC using MS SQL,:

1.) If it is possible establish a link between AutoCAD data via block attribute values and/or AutoCAD XDATA to MS Office 2010 (probably Excel).

2.) Has someone accomplished something similar?

3.)Could someone confirm this is possible using a 64-bit operating system? I understand that this is not possible using MS Access in a 64-bit based O.S. Correct? 

Thanks for your comments,

Clint Hill
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I don't know about item 1 since our use of autocad, except for 1 lisp routine, could be satisfied with LT due to the nature of our work.

BUT we use MS Access 2003 in a 64 bit environment to create reports from SQL 2008. However the report design process, if using scripting, requires Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Management Studio Express which is free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report