Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using hatch in custom linetype

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CadQ2
1390 Views, 2 Replies

Using hatch in custom linetype

Hello,

I'm creating a custom linetype. Ideally I'd like to have an oval shaped hatch behind the text of  my linetype. So it looks like an oval background mask...is there a way to do this in a custom linetype or any way I can trick it into doing something similar?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: CadQ2

Hatches cannot be used in linetypes. The only way I know of to accomplish this is to create both the text and linework that will emulate the hatch from lines. Then use MKSHAP to create a shape from those lines. Then you can use the shape in your linetype.

Kludgy but the only to do it AFAIK.

Allen

BTW. You'll probably get more answers if you post in the forum for the release of the software you're running.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
jggerth1
in reply to: CadQ2

Another approach would be to create a LISP routine to draw the line segments, text, and oval mask,  The user would provide end points for the line work, and the routine would handle the rest.  This enable much better programamtic control of the lines appearance, but is not as readily editable as a line based on a linetype.

Or, make a block out of your text and mask, and use the DIVIDE / MEASURE commands to place the block at defined intervals.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report