Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette in ACA 2008

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
229 Views, 2 Replies

Tool Palette in ACA 2008

Okay, I have made a tool palette over the network for everyone to use. everything loads up okay. but I have two problems and want to know if there is a similar way to do things.

1. When I want to add new things or modify existing items on the tool palette, I have to delete the existing item, and re-drag it from my tool palette to the content browser location, even if I want to change the image I have to do this. Is there another way of updating with out have to delete and re-add?

2. When new items are added to the tool palettes, we refresh, but when I refresh from any users pc, including mines, they don't refresh back into the order that they are setup in on the content browser. it just places new items, at the bottom of each tool palette.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

1.) Have you tried using the design center for creating and managing tool palettes?

2.) Make sure to export the tool palette and the tool palette group. As long as the file names don't change other users shouldn't need to reimport but just restart AutoCAD.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am using aca 2008.

other than viewing png files, I don't see what else you can do with tp's in the design center.

Also I noticed, if I copy my entire catalog folder. go home and erase that folder, and add the new folder in, when I refresh everything comes in at the right spot. but what I am afraid of is that, at home I use one hd, with different partitions, at work, that drive is over the network. files will not load correctly, I think one time I tried that, and all the images on the tp, did not load.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report