Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
kkline116
1103 Views, 7 Replies

Standard Plot Stamp

Is there a way to standardize the plot stamp settings across multiple computers?

In other words, I want to change the plot stamp settings and link it to the template I created so that everyone's plot stamp is the same without having each of them go in and change the settings themselves.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: kkline116

Search for *.pss files.

These should be in the Support Folder and can be copied to other locations/stations.

Message 3 of 8

Better yet, build your own plot stamp in an mtext object with fields & stick it in your template or title block.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 4 of 8

I have the mtext thing on our titleblocks (which I haven't released yet), but where I work, they're just not ready to start using paperspace vs. model space and all that.

Right now, they don't even really have titleblocks. They print everything to PDF from model space, and each drawing could be in a different location (so I can't have a set place for the plot stamp to be).

I thought by having the plot stamp on, that would at least give us a way to know SOME information, but I'm not even sure that's going to work now.

Unless someone knows of a way to block drawing entities from overriding the plot stamp? Right now, when they zoom into a drawing and print a pdf, it's just throwing the plot stamp over the linework of the drawing, so it's hard to read anyway.

Is there a way to fix this?

Message 5 of 8
Charles_Shade

PLOTSTAMP from the Command Line

Advanced tab at the bottom of the window.

Provide some Parameters for how it is placed in the plot.

Mine is Bottom left, Vertical, with a Y offset of 1 unit, relatve to printable area.

Save that and then copy it around

Message 6 of 8
kkline116
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yep, mine too.

But I need to stop the drawing from printing behind the plot stamp... so I would need a wipeout option or a way to tell CAD to stop printing before it gets to the plot stamp.

It's not the end of the world... it just means we have to roll out our titleblocks and get these old dinosaurs moving sooner than expected.

Message 7 of 8
Charles_Shade

If you (meant they) are bleeding the drawing all across the plot stamp and edge of the paper then there really is no simple solution.

Lead those horses to the water! Lord knows if they'll drink though! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
pendean

FIELD command let's you do whatever you want and park it in model or paperspace.
But without titleblocks, templates and standards (and the training to teach how to use it) you are out of luck trying to do what you need to do.
You've already seen the limitations of PLOTSTAMP command, there are no hidden controls OOTB that your users can't easily ignore or override. Sorry.

Ask in the lisp cuatization forum if someone can write a reactor that triggers a stamp bawled on commands used like PLOT, maybe that's one way to avoid training your users 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report