Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software upgrade implementation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AnneliseWhite
451 Views, 1 Reply

Software upgrade implementation

Hello there,

My company(about 8 people) is looking into finally upgrading our software after 14 years. We currently work in AutoCAD2000. Because of the major costs it would take, as well as the concerns with the immediate productivity dive that it would cause, my bosses would like to slowly purchase in upgraded licenses of AutoCAD architecture.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to incorporate AutoCAD Architecture while working with the other ACAD2000 licenses?

Any help, or direction would be great. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jggerth1
in reply to: AnneliseWhite

Given the huge disparity in functionality, not to mention wildly different file formats and AEC objects, the only viable method would be to use the different products for different job.  Trying to mix and match one project/share files between the current Architecture vertical, and the decade and a half old vanilla CAD package would be a sure fire way to create problems, generate ulcers, and mess up projects at the last minute.

At the minimum, I would upgrade the non-Architecture seats to AcadLT 2014, and hope to eventualy upgrade those to either vanilla or Architecture.  At least running LT would let your other staff do _something_ with the AA files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report