Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkwrap for AutoCAD: LISP

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
john.laidler
7130 Views, 10 Replies

Shrinkwrap for AutoCAD: LISP

Anyone have a LISP routine that will create a border around selected objects?

Lke shrinkwrap?

Thanks.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: john.laidler

You might also ask that question in the LISP forum.  You might get better results.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
TerryDotson

Simply draw a loose rectangle around your objects and use the BOUNDARY command, then erase the outer rectangles.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Like a WIPEOUT?

Message 5 of 11
john.laidler

Nope, not like WIPEOUT.  Easily stated, I need a line drawn around the outside edges of selected blocks.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 6 of 11

Easy. Draw a closed polyline (rough) rectangle just outside your block or any object you want. Then use the BOUNDARY command with lsland detention. Choose Region or Polyline as Object type to create. Pick OK, then Enter if you do not want to select addition interal boundaries. Erase the orginal rough rectangle and outer boudary on it. You're left with your object plus the inner boundary shrinkwrap. No Lisp needed. Done! 🙂
Message 7 of 11

I posted a cheap attempt at shrinkwrapping using the boundary command here:

http://www.jefferypsanders.com/autolisp.html

JPS

Message 8 of 11

Jeffrey, i tried your shrinkwrap lisp but I get a two regions.  I delete the region that fills the bounding box and my other region "fills" in my block.  Is there any way to explode a region down to a polyline.  It's got the right profile, I just need an outer polyline, not a filled region...

Message 9 of 11

@Designer2060

This posting is like 3 years old and Jeffery may no longer subscribe to it and is unaware that you actually did reply back.    You should use @jefferypsanders to get their attention.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 11

That was a long time ago but I am still around.  When I originally posted,  I mentioned it was a cheap attempt at shrink wrapping using the boundary command.   I emphasize the word "cheap".  

I took a look at your drawing which is a 3D drawing.  I do not use 3D at all (not much anyway).  Does the boundary command even work in 3d?  I tried the shrinkwrap program on your model and it didn't seem to do anything.  I do not have a lot of time on my hands so I probably will not do anything with this request unless you can make it easier on me.  I'm not sure what you are trying to do.  Examples?

JPS

Message 11 of 11
debalance
in reply to: jeff.sanders

There is another free powerful tool for creating outline (shrink wrapping) of complex 2D-drawing.

See this video:

TotalPurge (www.totalpurge.com) - is a perfect optimization solution for drawings in AutoCAD environment

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report