Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default printer in the page setup manager of a template file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
glenlepage7159
312 Views, 3 Replies

Setting the default printer in the page setup manager of a template file

i am in the process of preparing to upgrade to Autocad Mechanical 2014 (from 2011) for my company and I would like to set the default printer to "Default Windows System Printer" instead of the "none" currently selected for all users. When i do, the paper size changes and the border and title block templates no longer fit of the page. the current paper size is not listed in the dropdown for the default printer. attached is a current and changed screen shot of the settings. Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: glenlepage7159

It probably doesn't fit because you have PLOT OFFSET set to -20 aqnd -7.5 instead of 0 and 0 (those are zeros) or other settings. You also changed orientation too.
You need to be more careful: take the time and actually set/configure/test everything to get to where you need to be.

Also begs the question what the is the DEFAULT WINDOWS SYSTEM PRINTER.PC3 file. It's meaningless for everyone that's not you/your office really and will only lead to more possibly issues.
Message 3 of 4
glenlepage7159
in reply to: pendean

thanks for the thoughts but i had tried that as well. I believe the issue is the actual paper size we use in the case of this A1 size is listed as ISO A1 (841.00mm x 594.00mm) but when i change the printer this paper size is no longer available in the dropdown list.  we draw everything on a full size paper and then scale down the print to fit on the paper size of the printer (most of the time 11" x 17").

Message 4 of 4

I am assuming that you have already setup your default windows printer to have all the correct settings. Then created a .pc3 or other plot settings file to distribute to all machines on the network, or be prepared to manualy set each one up by sitting down in front of them. You may also have to drop a couple of points into paperspace and or modelspace at the approximate size of your standard border so that both of these spaces have an "extents" to enable the default to plot extents from the template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report