Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection/deselection using shift

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jshelton
2265 Views, 6 Replies

selection/deselection using shift

Does anyone know how to get the selection/deselection using shift to function properly when there are images xref'd to a drawing? I know if you have raster design there is a menu (ioptions) where you can turn off the option that 'shift + select' automatically selects the image rather than deselecting, but ioptions doesnt seem to work if you dont have raster design and I cant find an options dialog that allows me to turn this off otherwise!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jshelton

Do you just need to turn on the image(s) frame on first? You can't touch them without it on. Otherwise, elaborate in more detail please.

PICKADD is the variable you seek in your title, seems to work just fine here.

Message 3 of 7
jshelton
in reply to: pendean

Whether the image frame is on or off 'shift+select' picks it and adds it to my selection. I want to turn that feature off. PICKADD doesn't alter this. I want to be able to select and then remove certain objects from said selection by pressing shift. Or, use shift to swap between trim and extend without having to pick a different command. The image options prevents this.

I have attached an image of the raster options which shows where you can turn this off if you have raster. However my system doesn't have raster and I cant find where to turn it off otherwise.

Message 4 of 7
jshelton

MAPIOPTIONS  is apparently the command I was looking for. It pulls up the options menu in normal cad where I can turn off the image select feature.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

You must not be using plain AutoCAD then... .

Message 6 of 7
dbinkney

This is perfect.  I was looking for this option so I could avoid selecting the image with SHIFT+Select.  Thanks a bunch!

Message 7 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

You must not be using plain AutoCAD then... .

I don't have the 2014 suite in front of me right now, but I wonder if MAPIOPTIONS is an alias for IOPTIONS (in a suite with ARD included?)

Actually MAPIOPTIONS and IOPTIONS are different commands, but both include the toggle for "Shift+Left Click image select"

mapioptions.png

ioptions.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report