Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

%RoamableRootFolder% lisp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2148 Views, 2 Replies

%RoamableRootFolder% lisp

Who can help me with this tricky lisp coding? I am not an expert, but I hope someone here knows the answer.

I need to adjust the current profile's Support File Search Paths, the 'ACAD' registry entry.
To the bets of my knowledge, I cannot add or delete individual file paths. I need to reset the entire collection of paths. Or can I add, delete or modify specific paths?

Some of the paths are referencing local C drive folders. Some are under 'Program files' (easy), some are under the local user files (Documents and Settings\Application\....) aka the roamble root folder. The profile knows it under this varibale: %RoamableRootFolder%; AutoCAD spits it out as USERPROFILE

How can this path be used in a lisp? My tests did not succeed. I coded it something like this:
(setenv "ACAD" "%RoamableRootFolder%\\Support';C:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD MEP 2008\\Fonts") - of course with more folders
I also tried with the Autodesk variable: %USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\Autodesk\\ACD-MEP 2008\\enu\\Support - unsuccessfully.

How can the local user file path be included? I appreciate your help!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:40:23 -0700, cstruckmann <> wrote:

>How can this path be used in a lisp? My tests did not succeed. I coded it something like this:
>(setenv "ACAD" "%RoamableRootFolder%\\Support';C:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD MEP 2008\\Fonts") - of course with more folders
>I also tried with the Autodesk variable: %USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\Autodesk\\ACD-MEP 2008\\enu\\Support - unsuccessfully.

It doesn't work because you are trying to input a Windows environment variable
into the Registry via (setenv). And it doesn't like that.

Try this:

(setq rrf (getvar "roamablerootprefix"))
(setenv "ACAD"
(strcat rrf "\\Support;"
"C:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD MEP 2008\\Fonts;"
"Additional Paths Here"
)
)

What you are trying to do is wrong headed, anyway. You really want to modify the
Preferences > Files object instead, using VL functions.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this thread is a year old already.  I stumbled on it due to the same issue.  I found in my case it was due to launching the application without Administrator Permissions.  The %RoamableRootFolder% variable was working fine after I changed the Desktop icon to always launch the application with Administrator Permissions.

Regards,

Todd Nochomson

MILLER LEGG

A Florida based Civil Engineering Consulting Firm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report