Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a borrowed license

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
capt.crayola
588 Views, 4 Replies

Returning a borrowed license

Recently our office changed IT consultants, and during this switch they changed all of the computers ID name. Unfortunatly, we had a borrowed license out, and as a result the license could not be returned.

Shoud anyone find themselves in a similar situation, ensure that all of your licenses have been returned prior to changing the computer ID, or if it's already happened, the only way to return the license it to re-establish the computer ID name.

Good Luck

Sean

Dell Precision M6700 laptop
Intel Core i7-3740QM quad core 2.7Ghz with 16 GB Ram
NVidia K400M 2GB video, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: capt.crayola

Well, that's not the only way... but it is good practice to follow indeed.  Borrowed licenses are computer specific, username specific, and license manager specific.  Changing any one of these will invalidate the borrowing.  You can always clear a borrowed license from the client registry.  Doing so from the server take a bit more work.  But thanks for the tip!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
mdhutchinson
in reply to: TravisNave

Wouldn't the other method simply be to let the borrowed license expire on the user's machine?

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Yeah, that would also work assuming they hadn't borrowed for 6 months!  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
capt.crayola
in reply to: TravisNave

Ahhh... so you've seen this situation before then....LOL!!

Unfortunately the trick with the registry doesn't work if the computer's ID has been changed.... and waiting 103 days for the license to free up wasn't happening either!!

Just another trick for the bag.... Good luck!!

Sean

Dell Precision M6700 laptop
Intel Core i7-3740QM quad core 2.7Ghz with 16 GB Ram
NVidia K400M 2GB video, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report