CAD Managers

Valued Contributor
VINCEBALGE4109
Message 1 of 4 (1,723 Views)
Accepted Solution

Removing old version from license file.

1723 Views, 3 Replies
03-11-2013 10:44 AM

Subscription allows you to run older versions of the software. Can I remove any reference to the older versions from my license file? To clean up the log files I'd like to remove all the old versions, which we are not using anyway.

Can I delete these lines or do I need a new license file from Autodesk.

Vince

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 2 of 4 (1,719 Views)

Re: Removing old version from license file.

03-11-2013 10:50 AM in reply to: VINCEBALGE4109

I'd try the Installation & Licensing forum. I used to work with the License files but now I let our reseller handle that.

Allen Jessup

Customer Service
amanda.k
Message 3 of 4 (1,714 Views)

03-11-2013 11:19 AM in reply to: VINCEBALGE4109

Hello Vince,

Yes, you can run only the most current version in your license file if you wish. We recommend making a new license file to support this in case of error.

You can contact our Registration and Activation Department and detail your request. Be sure to include the current Serial Number, your Server Name and your Host Address. Please make sure to let them know you would prefer it only contain 2013.

Amanda Kinley
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 4 (1,665 Views)

03-12-2013 10:13 AM in reply to: VINCEBALGE4109

If you are referring to that PACKAGE part that lists all the previous versions supported in your suite, you cannot edit that.  You can however, remove previous combined .LIC files from versions superseded by your new license file(s). 

Ultimately, if you wish to prevent access for your users on previous versions, you will want to either request that your LIC file be generated for the latest version only (non-Subscription license) or use an adskflex.opt file to exclude the usage of those previous versions.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.