Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25
miketibbets
427 Views, 24 Replies

plotters

I am currently in the process of collecting quotes and specs for a new plotter/copier system for our shop. Considering specifically the KIP 3000 or the OCE TDS-320 systems. Anybody have any experience with either of these? Any input or other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
miketibbets
in reply to: miketibbets

We have not moved to the digital age yet. However, I am looking at a new Oce TDS320 (approx $17K), or a slightly used Oce TDS400 (approx $11K). That is why I started this thread, to gain some info for the decision.
Message 22 of 25
joeself

Got it in last week. I have the two roll unit. Copying is straight forward and works great. Its easy to scan stuff in. It gets saved to the HD on the machine and then you have to pull it off to your PC to save it.

I really haven't been plotting a lot. Little time to warm up and then spits them out pretty quick once it gets started. I sent a 39 sheet DWF and it took forever to start. 'bout 15 or more minutes processing, but then just spit them out quickly.

The requester software needs work, little clunky. Interface could be better.

Its great for a job site. I can scan drawings and send them into the office. I'll keep on it and report back on how it goes.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous

Kip 3000 only digital copier, service and maintenance very cumbersome, buy Oce320.
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous

I haven't used the KIP 3000 myself but have a friend who uses one everyday and has had lots of problems with system lockup and the paper not stacking. So I agree buy the Oce
Message 25 of 25
Anonymous

our KIP 6000 gets a 'massage' from it's Kip service guy about once a week. I'm prettywell over it...... hope the boss didn't pay alot for it, it was here before I was. My old place had 4 xerox's (8825, 8830, 8850) and an HP color machine that was georgeous, but restrictived so I can't comment on it's quality as I never used it. The xeroxs got abused by about 400 people every day, and they hung in great. Seperate scanner, I'm sure they paid dearly for the plot room setup, but on the user end it was great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report